The R&D in LNE :
Since its creation and in the context of its engagements of the EPIC (French Public Industrial and Commercial Institute), the LNE perfoms the major studies and research.
Those works are carried out:
- in relation with the orientations defined in the context of public policies or
- on demand of ordering parties (Departments, agencies, scientific bodies, industrials, etc.)
Those works allow the LNE to strengthen continuously its know-how and technical skill levels and to be prepared to future demands of industrials and public authorities in the metrology and testing sector.
The R&D includes the following activities in a non-exhaustive manner:
- Studies and Research of scientific solutions and innovative techniques
- Reception and scientific and technical assistance of doctorands
- Design, development of test benches and calibrations
- Research design and statistical analysis
- Development of standards and requirement documents
- Participation to regulatory works and standardisation
In the material and packaging sector that come into contact with foods, two research axes are especially developed:
- Hygiene of materials and packaging
- Material inertia, items and packaging
List of research programs performed in LNE :
Innovative non-thermal processing technologies to improve the quality and safety of ready-to-eat (RTE) meals - High Q RTE (STREP, PCRD6).
Traditional United Europe food (Improving quality and fostering innovation of European traditional food production systems) - TrueFood (IP, PCRD6).